Saturday, August 26, 2006

Thank you Swanton for the warm welcome

We just got back from participating in the Swanton Corn Festival parade and I'm thrilled with the warm welcome we received.

Although the parade and festival are in Fulton County and out of District 46, there were plenty of Lucas County Swanton residents in attendance and we received encouragement for our effort and I spoke with quite a few folks who are ready for change in Ohio.

Afterwards, I was able to get over to the Fulton County Democratic Party Headquarters for their grand-opening and was able to speak briefly with Robin Weirauch who is waging a battle against Paul Gillmor in the 5th District Congressional race. Good luck Robin! I also spoke to a woman who thanked me for talking about some of the inadequacies in the Workers Compensation system as she related to me her own personal story of being hurt on the job and having her employer blame her injury on non-work-related activities.

These people who are legitimately hurt on the job need representatives who will stand with them to ensure they get the treatment they require and the compensation due them. Instead what they have gotten is an administration and legislature which passed Senate Bill 7, attempting to further squeeze the injured workers in Ohio.

Let's work together for an open and honest government which works for the people of Ohio and not the greedy special interests who now dominate our political landscape.

Thanks and have a great day.

Mark

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate the sincerity and enthusiasm of your campaign. Although I live in Fulton County, I will spread the word. Good luck to you and your campaign.

Bonnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home