Saturday, August 12, 2006

Monclova Homecoming Festival and Parade

We had a great time today out at the Monclova Homecoming Festival and Parade. It was nice to see so many neighbors out on a beautiful day and I also met Lisa Renee Ward( in person after speaking with her on the phone and over the internet), the lady behind the NW Ohio political blog, "Glass City Jungle". She called over to me and her husband took a photo which she has graciously posted on her blog this afternoon. Lisa, thanks for your help in publicizing my campaign.

We received a warm reception from the crowd, and I heard from many citizens who expressed their dismay with the political environment in Columbus as I believe people are ready for change after 12-16 years of one party rule in Ohio.

I met a gentleman who referred to me as (and I'm paraphrasing) "the man who is going to clean up the mess in Columbus". I simply told him that we're going to try as the status quo is clearly unacceptable. He wished me well and we continued on with the parade route.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, as our message of working towards an open and honest government, along with fighting for every day Ohioans rather than special interests takes hold.
Thanks to all who encouraged me to keep going and continue the fight for ordinary, tax paying, law abiding citizens who are sick of the corruption and misuse of their tax dollars we've all seen in the past few years.

We've fought to gain access to the ballot (and won), we are fighting to raise funds to compete with our well-funded opposition ( and are winning) and (with the help of our supporters) we'll continue the battle to return the government of our great state to the people.

Thanks again to my (unpaid) volunteers for their help and have a good evening.

Mark

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was nice to finally meet you in person too Mark. Thank you for inviting me to the parade, Monclova did an excellent job.

It was a very enjoyable time and the band was very good.

:-)

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have (unpaid) in parenthesis implying your opponent is paying volunteers. Source?

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Mark said...

lcd,

i was reacting to another blogsite which categorized my volunteers as "employees". i don't know whether any paid staffers walk with my opponent as I don't have access to his payroll.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why else would anyone walk with that empty suit? He must be paying them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home