Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Congratulations Maumee!

It was certainly great to see Maumee earn the designation of a 2006 All America City. Honors like these just don't happen. These honors are the culmination of a selfless community effort and a true partnership between the city's administration, its elected leaders and employees, the school system, and every day citizens all working toward a common goal.

My wife Heather and I have long experienced the spirit and pride of the city and the school system as she has been a teacher at Maumee High School since 1995. She has had the opportunity to interact with many of Maumee's fine students and I have also had the opportunity to meet and come to know some of these students through extra-curricular activities and sporting events we have attended as fans and chaperones.

Maumee's elected officials have been able to work together on projects such as Arrowhead Park and the renovation of the Maumee Indoor Theatre without worrying about who was getting the credit, instead merely focusing on the greater good and improving the community for Maumee's citizens. There has also been cooperation across city boundaries with other communities to enhance the quality of life for Northwest Ohio, an example of what can be accomplished when folks work together for the common good.

Again, congratulations to Mayor Wagener, Superintendent Smith, and all whose hard work has helped to make Maumee the wonderful place it is to live and raise a family. What a great experience for the delegation who represented all of Maumee's citizens it must have been!!

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

I'm a native of the 46th District and a 2001 graduate of Sylvania Southview. Now I'm a law student and a Democratic activist down in Columbus.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm really glad someone is running full-out as a Democrat in our district. I wish I still lived in Sylvania so I could help you out, but if there's anything I can do from Columbus, please ask! Keep up the great work.

Jeff Loeser
loeser.2@osu.edu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home