Saturday, May 16, 2009

A sad week for our family

My Dad passed away this week Wednesday after a long illness which weakened his heart and kidneys to the point where he couldn't fight the good fight any longer. He loved his wife and family fiercely and would do anything for us. He leaves behind my mother, his wife of more than 51 years, 4 children, 8 grandchildren and many friends along with cousins, nieces, nephews and other extended family.

He was a man who cared deeply about his family, his community, and the state of affairs in our state and country. I know he was deeply happy when President Obama was elected this past fall and I'm glad that he got the chance to see the first African American President elected. He supported both me and my older brother in our political aspirations, and I know he was a loyal reader of this blog. Somewhere, he will read this post and a smile will come to his face.

We laid him to rest today, and I know he is finally at peace and in a better place. Congratulations Dad for fighting the good fight and thank you for your love and commitment throughout our lives. You will be missed even as you will still be with us. Rest in peace and we love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home