Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Edition: Prediction! Cardinals win!

As I write this, I am reminded of my intense hatred of the Pittsburgh Steelers growing up as a Cleveland Browns fan. The hatred has subsided, but in no way can I root for the Steelers simply because they are from the same conference and division as are the Browns.

I know some Michigan fans who root for Ohio State in their bowl games and OSU fans who root for Michigan in their bowl games. I've never understood this. Rooting for the Steelers would be absolutely against all that I felt as a young fan of the Cleveland Browns.

All this being said, I look for a close game and an Arizona Cardinals win by the score of 27-21. If I were a betting man, I'd take the 8 and 1/2 points and the Cardinals. This all being said, I've been wrong before.

Those who keep track of such things will note that this post was written well before the start of the game. Good luck to both teams and hopefully we'll see a clean game with no major injuries!

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Well, we didn't miss it by too much and would have covered the spread with the 8 1/2 points. A couple breaks the Cardinals' way and we would have been spot on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home