Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jackie Brown for District 2 State Senate

The following is a letter I have submitted to newspapers in State Senate District 2 asking voters to support Jackie Brown in her bid for the office. I have met with Jackie and find her to be a caring, compassionate woman who has the best interest of our region at heart. Most importantly, I believe Ms. Brown will serve with the integrity which I find lacking in many of our present governmental leaders. I believe she will work towards a solution to our school funding dilemma that the GOP legislature in Ohio (including the District 2 incumbent) has irresponsibly pushed off into the future for the past 12 years.

The letter follows:

I write this letter to urge citizens of Ohio State Senate District 2 to elect Jackie Brown as our new State Senator

As a resident of Senate District 2, I believe we need more people like Jackie Brown in public office. Her real life experience and commitment to public education as illustrated in her work with the Rossford School Board is exactly what we need down in Columbus.

Send a message to the power brokers in the state and support Jackie Brown for State Senate on November 4. She'll be a strong and effective voice for everyday men and women in District 2.

Sincerely,

Mark Dansack

2 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
You are to be commended for your efforts. Unfortunately, Ms. Brown entered a tough race at the last minute against a well funded opponenet. I have not really seen her on the campaign trail during the summer/fall and that is a shame. I don't think that your letter or the minimal budget that Ms. Brown has will lead her to victory against Mr. Wagoner.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mark said...

It's not about victory, it's about the process. I don't like seeing unopposed candidates sail to victory without a contest. That would seem too much like the old Soviet Union. It is a shame that Jackie got into the race very late in the game.

That being said, honesty and integrity are important qualities that I look for and on that basis, Jackie Brown will get my vote in the District 2 race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home