Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thank you District 46 voters

I want to thank the voters of District 46 for their support in yesterday's election. Across Ohio, citizens sent a loud and clear message that they want change for our state. I congratulate my opponent and ask that Mr. Wagoner work with our new Governor Ted Strickland and the new general assembly on issues of importance to Ohioans including the creation of an equitable solution to our public school funding dilemma, restructuring of our state agencies, including the Bureau of Workers Compensation, to promote efficiency in the delivery of services to our citizens, and programs which work to better the lives of the middle class rather than a few special interests.

I would also like to congratulate the successful candidates for their wins and the unsuccessful candidates for their role in our democratic process. Your efforts are helping to drive the movement for positive change in our community.

My wife Heather, daughters Caitlin and Sophia, and I are grateful for the wonderful help of friends and family who came together to support our campaign and work for positive change in Western Lucas County. Renewing old relationships and forging new ones, we put forth a great grass roots effort and we have made a difference.

I would also like to thank my friends in the labor community for their support of my candidacy. I am proud to have received the endorsement of major players as the UAW, Teamsters, and AFL-CIO, the Ohio Federation of Teachers, the Northwest Ohio Building Trades and others . Please know that I will always work with you to continue to support the rights of hard working men and women who want nothing more than a chance to pursue the American Dream.

In closing, I want to again thank those who have stood with me through the past seven months. Against great odds, we were able to put forth an agenda for change, and we must continue to work to see that those who represent us do so with the common good in mind in order to make this state a better place for our children and grandchildren.

Thank you and god bless you and your families.

Mark Dansack



1 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. Good luck in your future endeavors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home